Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving part #2

Well, tomorrow is the big day and as promised I am posting this
message tonight instead of tomorrow. I know that everyone is busy over
the next couple of days so I won't be writing much.

Tonight, I thought that maybe instead of focusing on the things we're
missing (maybe just for now), maybe today we should focus on the
things that we're grateful for. So I've complied a list and I hope it
will help to get you thinking about the many things that you have to
be grateful for too! : )

My gratitude list:

I'm grateful to God that He showed me time and time again the things
that I needed to know so that I could take the first steps towards the
life He wants for me. I'm sure that I tested His patience when I kept
ignoring what He was showing me because I was hoping for a different
answer. I'm so thankful that He didn't give up on me.

Next, at the top of my gratitude list are Ryan and Cayt. They have
stood by me throughout everything. All of the ups and deep downs. They
have supported me, loved me, encouraged me and been my strength when I
was at the bottom. They have been my life line.

And right behind them are Dan and Therese. They supported me and
encouraged me and never let me forget the truth.

I am soooooooo very thankful for these 4 people! Thank you so much you
guys!
In fact, they're the ones that encouraged me to start this blog.

Our dogs Maile and Wilco (members of our family and loved so much!)

The gift of my job with Sleeping At Last and all of the great people
that I get to meet. The fun times touring and the great places we get
to visit.


Here's a list of general things that are all around us and yet go
unnoticed so often. I'm grateful for.........

The stars and there beauty on a clear winter night

Yesterday (before a crazy storm came through here) I was in my yard
and there were lots of birds all making lots of noise and I looked to
see what the commotion was. I think they were warning each other about
the storm. How cool is that?

Music

Traveling

Water when I turn on the faucet.

Heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer

A roof over our heads

mountains

I can jump in the car and in 5-10 minutes drive to a wide variety of
great places to eat or shop

The moon when it's full on a clear night

The city of Chicago and all that it has to offer from shopping to
culture to great food to sports.

Fresh fruit in the middle of the winter

Snow

Rain

Fall leaves and all of their colors

Walt Disney World

movies

Storms

Fresh laundry

Fresh air

a car that runs

Sprinkles Cupcakes (the new addiction in our house)

Books

Wisdom

The ocean

Homes that have been decorated for Christmas

Christmas Music

There is so much more!


I'm hoping you will take a look at your life today and notice the
little things that you can be thankful for too and make your own list.
If we spend the day thinking about all of the good things, it will
crowd out the bad.
Have a great day and a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment