Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31st, 2010

Happy Last Day Of 2010!

I hope that you each had a wonderful Christmas. It's hard to believe that it's already been a week. 

So here we are....facing the end of one year and the beginning of another. I don't know about you but I always feel a bit down on New Year's Eve. It's something to do with the ending of one year I think. And maybe a little apprehension about the start of a new one. I was even considering going to bed before the clock tolls midnight which for me is early. I'm normally up until 2-3AM so this would not be easy. But I considered it today. I think it has something to do with change and you know how I feel about that from my previous post. 

I've been reading so many comments on facebook and twitter and it seems that I'm not the only one that feels this way. As a matter of fact, probably 80% of the comments I've seen are like that. Maybe we're all bummed that the holiday celebrating is almost over and it's back to "normal life."
Or maybe it's that feeling of dread about the new year. Or maybe it's the feeling of being alone tonight while it seems like the whole world is celebrating. Or maybe it's something to do with reviewing our lives over the past year and realizing that things are not how we hoped they would be. Any of the above or even all of the above apply to so many of us. 

Well........IT'S TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE!

A NEW YEAR IS STARTING AND IT'S GONNA BE THE BEST ONE YET FOR ALL OF US!

I know that we have all had our struggles over the past year but tonight is an opportunity to turn the calendar page over and open a brand new book for our lives! 

And.... this time, we have a say in writing it.

When you have a minute (or right now) take the time to imagine exactly how YOU would like this new year in your life to look.  DREAM BIG (yes, take the risk)!!!!!!!   Maybe even write it down (this is a good idea and is proven to be valuable in making these dreams happen).

Ask yourself the following questions today (or tonight) and be VERY SPECIFIC. Really think about each of these and imagine.... without holding back anything)

1. what do i want my career to look like over the next year? what would an average day look like for me in my career? what kind of financial success am i looking for or am i looking for that at all? 
2. what do i want my personal thought life to look like this year? how would that impact each day for me?
3. what is the most important goal (a goal is different than a wish) that i would like to accomplish this year? don't be general on this one either. be specific.  
4. are there any relationships that i need to move away from for any reason at all? what steps do i need to take to achieve this?
5. is there anything that i would like to do to change my physical living space? moving, organizing, decorating. how would that change my life day to day?
6.  what would i want my relationships to look like? what is needed to make this happen?
7. if i could have one wish that i knew would be granted this year....what would that wish be? often this question shows you what you REALLY want so you can aim for that. what steps can you take to make this attainable?

Take the time to think about this today before the clock strikes midnight and the new year begins and you'll already be starting 2011 in a better place than you were last year at this time. : )

It's an exciting time to start over! Don't procrastinate......START NOW!

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION FOR YOU?

WHAT IS THE ONE THING THAT YOU COULD START RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER IN 2011?
pick only one thing...what's the first thing that pops into your mind?

One important ingredient to having a good life is feeling like you have some amount of control in the way it's going. Often things start to tumble out of happiness at the same speed that things are tumbling out of control in our lives. 

So...if you answered the questions above.....you now have a much clearer picture of what you want for yourself in 2011. What better way than this to start the new year off right?! 

The new year is a time to boldly take the first steps toward your best future and we can start now!

Happy Happy New Life in the New Year to each of US!

Love,
Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment