Monday, December 13, 2010

The Comfort Zone


Well, Happy Monday to you!

I know that we're all getting very busy with the holidays approaching so I will keep today's post short (actually it has turned out not to be after all. Apparently I had more to say than I realized. No surprise there). 
 I hope that you're having some fun with all of the shopping and activities in your world. It's a great time for catching up with old friends too. We have a mix of Christmas fun and lots of work going on over here. 

Usually December is the time that the guys take off and by January we're all looking happily to going back to work for the new year and touring etc.

Well, this year is very different as I mentioned in my previous post. Work will continue through December and  into the new year. 

Although it's very hard to write all the new music every month, it's not something that any of us (so far) regret at all. We're having a great time.  

As a matter of fact.... I was telling Ryan the other day, that normally, we have about 6 months to get absorbed into the 11 songs for an album. But  now, with "Yearbook",  we have about 2-3 weeks for every 3 songs. 

I got into my husbands car the other day and he had "October" playing on the stereo. That's what made me think about it.  I was thinking " Hey, I remember you!"    You see, right now we have the "January " songs zipping around in our heads and "October" was a few EPs ago so, for now, it's a distant memory.  
We work on the current 3 songs until they're ready for release and then it's on to the next three. There's very little time for much more. But that's ok. It's totally worth it!!!

I know that it's easier for me to say because I'm not writing the songs, but I have to say honestly....although there are times that Ryan is stressed with the work....I watch him and he's having a great time and excited about each new song and all of the fun he's having with the guests that are working on the songs too! 

When "Yearbook" is completed, I think there will be loads of great memories and satisfaction that it's complete, but mostly........I think the overriding feeling will be HAPPINESS!!!!  Happiness that this idea that started back in May turned out to be one of the best (and most fun) things that we've ever done. It will have been a lot of stress and work but the gifts and blessings that have come from it are already apparent.

There's a lot to be said about how we feel comfortable and excited once we're actually taking the steps towards our dreams. There's something that just feels right.  Even with the moments of doubt or times of stress.  Even with all of the hard work and believe me there's plenty. But really....would we want it any other way? 

Half the fun of a dream is working to make it a reality! 

And through it all, there's a feeling of comfort and an excitement deep in our souls!  AND (who knew) a feeling of security.  

 We feel that we're right where we should be and that's because......we are. 

The only courage you ever need is to live your heart's desire."
—  Oprah

No comments:

Post a Comment